Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First of Many Posts

-->

Carpools , Binkies and Red Wine

 




Life not only changed it did a ‘knock you on your behind’ type one act show about ten months ago when our first son was born at home on a sunny Sunday afternoon in November. Four days later it was Thanksgiving and things have been at a Mario Andretti pace ever since. All that advice about taking naps when they do – I don’t think anyone bothered telling my son it was a baby requirement to nap. I know I surely haven’t slept in months. I have however mastered the art of getting ready in 3.7 minutes including a shower, and dressing for work. My son on the other hand has mastered that art of waking up about 1 minute into that routine. In the cloud of all things baby, all things husband and all things ‘dangit why won’t this baby weight come off’ I am blessed with moments of sheer joy. Just when I think I am about to throw one of those noisy toys across my playground living room and pour a ginormous class of wine – my son does something amazing. And I tell you what, he is quite literally the best looking baby you have ever set eyes on – trust me I’m his mom so I know.  I am forced to take a moment, stop freaking out like a crazy suburanite mom and remind myself – this is what life is about – the small things. When my son learns he can stand, when he says DA-DA for the first time (on Father’s Day no less), when he took his first step and he discovered sunlight coming through the window for the first time. It isn’t about me, or my moments of mental breakdown, it’s about enjoying this crazy roller coaster of life.

2 comments: